Name of the recipe: Creamy carrot coconut soup
Most of the vegetarian soups require soy or dairy milk for a creamy tropically flavored soy-free soup. But this vegan creamy coconut soup requires only coconut milk. The taste of this vegetable carrot soup is very delicious, which no one can resist. It has basically originated in Thai. It not only tastes good, but is also very nutritious, which reveals the perfect Thai flavor. It is rich and creamy with exotic flavor and a magnificent mixture of spices, which immediately put an accent on the carrot puree base.
Complexity level: Easy
Time taken: 30-40 minutes
- Two to three carrots, finely chopped
- Finely chopped one onion
- 1 and 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger
- Coconut milk, 1-Â¼ ounce can
- One and a three-fourth cup vegetable broth
- Salt to taste
1. Boil carrots, ginger, curry powder and onions for about 20-25 minutes in a vegetable broth, till the carrots are soft.
2. After the softening of carrots, slightly allow it to cool and then make its puree in a blender.
3. Take it to heat again and stir it well in a coconut milk, till all the mixture is combined well.
4. Finally, to taste add salt and season it properly.
This mouth watering soup can be served both hot and cold as a gourmet vegetarian or vegan appetizer. It is to be noticed that this soup starts to thicken as its temperature falls down. So, in order to serve this soup cold, be cautious that you add a little more water to the soup.