Pulses are cherished in India with almost every dish during lunch and dinner. I am penning down a recipe that uses vegetables with pulses to make a healthy side dish during lunch. The recipe is as follows:
1 Cup Yellow Lentils
1 Cup Green Lentils
1 Cup Red Lentils
1 Cup Puy Lentils
Chopped Green chilies
Whole Red Chilies
1. Pressure cook all the lentils in 8 cups of water. But be careful that the lentils remain whole and don’t turn into a soup.
2. In oil splutter mustard seeds, whole red chilies, curry leaves and grated coconut.
3. Add onions and slow cook until onions are juicy and not brown.
4. Add all the vegetables, green chilies, salt and stir properly. Cover all the vegetables and cook until they are tender.
5. At the end add tamarind pulp and cooked lentils.
6. On high heat stir all the ingredients and garnish it with some more grated coconut.
7. Serve with rice or on bread.