Russiaâs art of preparing the food is entirely different from other parts of the world. It is due to the vast cultural sweep of Russia. The weather in this region is mostly cold. In order to endure these weather conditions, Russians mostly prefer the diet that gives them more strength and vigor. They prefer non-vegetarian diet to vegetarian. They prepare all types of sea food varieties, meat of many kinds, of which beef is the most important. They also consume energy giving foods like bread, milk, cream, mushrooms and many types of vegetables and fruits. They even use spices like garlic and pepper. They prefer multifarious food items like salads, soups, ice creams, wines and bakery products. With expanse of their territorial dominion, the Russians have learnt the art of modern cooking out of their curiosity and interest. In age old days, Russiaâs cuisine included a vast variety of sea foods, especially the fish varieties. They even conserved and prepared foods of salt water species.
Out of the several recipes prepared in Russia, carp recipe (i.e. a fresh water fish of the family cyprinidae), will really be a feast to the seafood lovers, who prefer enjoying the various varieties of foods, from all around the world.
Complexity level: Moderate
Time Taken: 3 hours
- 2 pounds of carp (cleaned perfectly)
- Pepper as per the taste
- 8-10 tbsp all purpose flour
- Salt as per the taste
- butter 500 gms.
- buckwheat flour 1 kg. ( it has originated from Asia, the flowers and seeds of which are crushed to make the flour)
- mushroom water nearly 750 gms.
- mushrooms 750 gms.
- 8 green onions
- eggs 3
1. Wash the carp, initially with salt water, and then thoroughly with clean water. Use a sharp knife to cut at the back. Remove the internal parts and bones. Separate the fins, leaving the flesh on the skin. This procedure requires a bit of care. As such, be cautious, while cleaning.
2. Prepare the mushroom water, by boiling the dry mushrooms for at least Â½ an hour. Prior to boiling, soak the mushrooms in water for a period of two hours. When the mushrooms have been done, separate them from water, and leave the water that can be used, while cooking.
3. For the stuffing, take the left out mushroom water, and pour the buckwheat flour and leave it to boil, till it is friable. Take about 100 gms of butter and fry the chopped onions, cooked mushrooms.
4. Add salt and pepper. Also add the egg crush. Do this carefully. Mix them thoroughly. Fill this mixture at the carpâs back. Mend it properly. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Curl the carp in the flour.
5. Fry this in about 150 gms of butter till the carp is fried on all the sides. Pre heat the oven and transfer the fried carp and allow it to bake for 10-15 minutes. Before dishing out, cut the carp in parts and add the remaining butter for taste.